Sunday, June 13, 2010

New skirt and top

I had been admiring and lusting after some fabulous fabrics on etsy and various blogs I had been reading. They were 'Amy Butler' fabrics and had caught my eye due to the glorious colours and patterns-right up my street. I googled one day to find that I could get my hands on them in pippa blue in Galway. You can only imagine my delight. I had expected to have to import them and there they were just down the road from me (well-35 miles away).
I went to Galway with the kids on bank holiday monday(after a quick enquiry on their website to make sure they were open). I was truely spolied for choice. I picked up four pieces of fabric and some ric rac with a top for me and a skirt for Cerys in the plans.

So today I made a skirt for Cerys..............



I love the ric rac ... its so cute....
I was sorry that I had not bought enough to make a top as well but found a plain t shirt and appliqued a flower using my embroidery machine.............



I was so pleased with the result...................




I also made the top for myself using a top I had bought in Monsoon last year as a pattern.Here's a little look at the cutting out stage. I will post pictures of the finished top later in the week. I was really happy with the way it turned out. If our weather improves I know I will get loads of wear out of it.....mmmmmmm maybe I should get some more fabric for a skirt too.......or maybe more for another top. i have definitely been bitten by the sewing bug.!!!

I am linking to strut your stuff thursday .Go on...Pop over and see what's going on.!!




3 comments:

FrouFrouBritches said...

I recognize those Amy Butler fabrics! Love those polks dots! I wish I had an embroidery machine. That shirt is too cute!! Love it!

Jen Poe said...

Those are great fabrics! It's awesome that you didn't have to import them, too. How lucky of a day for you! My machine is supposed to be able to embroider, but I have my doubts on the quality, as it's an inexpensive sewing machine from 10 years ago that I got as a gift when I was just a kid... haha! I love how the shirt looks!

Megan said...

I love that you took the time to make a coordinating shirt - so perfect! The fabric you chose is wonderful, too! So bright and fun.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...