Friday, June 18, 2010

NEW top-show and tell friday!!

This is my second week at show and tell. I have been so looking forward to friday coming this week. I was so motivated that I made this weeks project last sunday just so that I would definitely participate this week.
I bought this top in Monsoon last summer. I wore it so much and thought to myself 'if only I could find fabric I like then I would love to make one like it'. I was in pippablue in Galway last monday and saw loads of gorgeous fabrics. I chose 2 Amy Butler fabrics and. went home full of enthusiasm
This is the top I bought last summer in Monsoon.



I lay out the top and cut the fabric pieces. It was tricky because there were darts on the back and the sleeves were an awkward shape. When I had it all cut out I thought ''mmmm maybe I should have cut a pattern from waste fabric first''. But I was happy with it. I actually lay out the fabric pieces on old curtain lining then and copied a pattern because I know I will be making another one of these tops.


VOILA!!! My finished top. I love it!!




Sleeves turned out great for me. I was really pleased. See how I used the other fabric to trim the edge!!



There are little gathers at the neck line..
I am linking up to Amy's Show and tell friday,craftenvy, frugal friday,simply designing. Why not pop on over and see everyone elses projects.
I am planning on hosting my first 'lush friday' show and tell next friday. Please join in, the more the merrier. For more info look here.



17 comments:

pinksuedeshoe said...

That looks awesome! I love the fabrics you choose.

Diane said...

Great Job! That turned out super cute.

Leslie said...

i really really love this. it turned out lovely. i was thinking about doing the same thing...this idea of copying...with one of my favorite t's that is falling apart

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

Wow!! This is amazng! You have such a talent to be able to take a shirt and recreate a new one like this!! I love the fabrics and I love how you used the second as a trim/accent fabric! Sooooo cute!!

Thanks for linking up! Hope to see you again next week!

Marie said...

Great work on finishing your new top so fast! I think we all have favourite items of clothing that we wear forever and then want a new one just like it !

La Maison Reid said...

Oh my....you are a busy beaver! Hard to believe you have kids, own a shop and STILL have time to make such beautiful things!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Most excellent! You did a great job and now you have two pretty tops. I've done this a time or two myself, makes me feel clever and thrifty.

Karen said...

And so you should love it. You have done an awesome job! It looks great and very stylish.

Sarah Craig said...

Cute top! And so smart of you to make your own pattern!! BTW, where are you located in Ireland?

Bonnie said...

That looks amazing!

lush stuff said...

Hi Sarah,thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I live in the west of Ireland in County Galway.

Michelle said...

Awesome! I'm trying to learn to make clothes from clothes I already have that I love. It's nice to see someone has already had such great success with the technique.

Craft Envy said...

WOW! So cute! You're talented! Thanks for linking up to Saturday Spotlight @ Craft Envy!

Jessica said...

How lovely! I am impressed with the shirt you made.

Julie @ Frugal and Fabulous Design said...

Super cute! I'm so impressed with anyone who knows how to sew...I can't do it to save my life.

Thanks for linking up to Fab Friday -

cheers!

Dayna said...

Oh, I think it looks so good with that new fabric!

amylouwho said...

awesome top!! I want one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...