Saturday, June 12, 2010

Todays Bag

I was busy bag making again today. I had to tear myself away from the oilcloth I was using yesterday though. It's so easy and quick to make things from it.
So I took out a few remnants I had of this gorgeous silk fabric and made this cute lttle bag. I used a pattern I bought some time ago. Looking at the picture on the pattern I thought the bag would be really small, but it turned out to be quite a tidy size. As you can see from the pictures below I managed to fit all the everyday stuff in it-phone, wallet,lippy and a notebook.


It is pictured beside an artificial plant which my nan watered one day because she thought 'it looked a bit dry', Didn't do it any harm anyway. Artificial plants are great in my house because I keep forgetting to water the real ones. Only thing is you have to keep dusting them instead!!!
I used a bright green and brown embroidered silk in the lining.There is curtain interlining between the inside and outside fabric to give it body.I added a little flap at the top with a magnetic closing thingy to keep safe.

Phone,wallet,lippy and a notebook (and room for more too) fits with ease..


Lovely embroidery detail.




I like the shape of it when it is full.
mmmm now where can I go to show off my new bag.......
I am linking this post to craftenvy and along for the ride
Why not take a peek at what others are up to on saturdays!!!


1 comment:

Laura said...

This is adorable! I love the fabric that you chose.

Thanks for sharing at Saturday is Crafty Day!
Laura @ along for the ride

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...