Thursday, July 22, 2010

Bicycle bucket

This week has been so full and busy that I reached thursday before I even noticed and I had nothing for show and tell. Yesterday evening I thought back on the week and realised that I had done very little sewing. Well.....very little I could show and tell. I had actually done tonnes of sewing. I had altered a wedding dress for a lovely girl getting married next weekend ,altered a debs dress for a debs last wednesday night, made clutch bags and shoulder bags for a wholesale order,and made curtains at my 'real' job!! Then in the midst of all that I won a giveaway for an Amy Butler pattern and some fabric. No wonder the week flew!!!

So in a bit of a flap yesterday evening I locked myself away in my sewing room and came up with this idea of a bicycle bucket for my friend Emily's High Nellie!!!!

And just so that nobody else thinks it is their's I embroidered her name on it...
Just as cute on the inside
As usual I am linking up to a few delicious blogs ,of course my very own lush friday, fab friday, amy lous sew and tell, simply designing ,saturday soiree


15 comments:

pippablue said...

What a great idea, and so pretty too! I'd love to make one for willow's bike, i hink she'd love it!

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

It's just lovely, Andrea! Can't imagine any girl who wouldn't love this. Thanks for sharing! Happy Sewing! :o)

Emily@theNest said...

EEEKKK!!! And SHRIEK!!!!!! As Grace would say "for MEEE????" Oh Andrea!! Only that I'm, literally not in the county til tomorrow, I'd be in like a shot!!! It's gorgeous, and highly photogenic, as you will soon see!!!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Love your project and the great colors. Emily is so lucky!

Lesly said...

A bicycle bucket! What a great idea! This is as pretty as can be - so cute! Great finish - thanks for sharing!

patchworkdelights said...

It's lovely Andrea and I love the personal touch of having her name embroidered on it!

Jan said...

Adorable...LOVE the polka dots!!!!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

That's really cute~I like the fabric you used.

My daughter will want one for sure!

beth said...

what a fun project! love it!

Michelle said...

Too cute! And so practical. :-)

Leslie said...

what a great cute idea

Sarah Craig said...

What a great idea - and so cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

Vicki said...

it's adorable, great work!

Katie's Nesting Spot said...

That is too adorable! That is going to be one cute looking bike! I love that the name is on it.

pinksuedeshoe said...

Gaa! Those polka dots are adoreable! Love it! (And I kind of wish my name was Emilya :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...