Thursday, July 8, 2010

Bits and bobs/this and that!!

I was so tired this week,I think i may have overdone it for the past few weeks preparing for the Portumna Great Outdoors Festival where Sprinkles and I had stalls. I spent every spare moment I had making bags and purses and anything else I could think of . It was a great day ,I really enjoyed it. I found it brilliant for getting feedback on my stuff.

I completely sold out of these so I have to make some more.


I had this pretty pink polka dot fabric left over after I shortened a pair of curtains and thought it was ideal for this bag I had been dying to make. I bought the applique pattern some time ago for my embroidery sewing machine and I love the way it turned out.

I panicked last week thinking I had not got enough to sell last sunday so I made these purses with the help of my niece Ciara. She chose the fabric combinations.


Isn't this one cute!!



I bought this fabric some weeks ago and haven't gotten around to making anything with it yet. I originally bought it to make another one of these tops.I think I will stick with the plan.I get so much wear out of the other one I made

Having read so many blogs lately I am itching to try some quilting so hopefully I will go shopping on monday to buy some fabric. I have looked through my fabric stash and can't come up with a combination that I like.
Wish me luck!!
I am hosting my 3rd lush friday and linking up to fab friday,simply designing,amy lou's sew and tell and saturday craft envy. I would really love if you would check out my 'lush friday', and maybe link up too!!!
See you next week..


24 comments:

patchworkdelights said...

Wow Andrea you've had a busy week !!! Love the little purses by the way.

Fi

Helmitarha said...

Beautiful fabrics, stunning creations! Love the bag with the dog on it! No wonder they are sold out. ;)

nima said...

wow..your purses looks nice

Karen said...

The little purse with the doggie is so cute. No wonder they sold out.

carol said...

Love the Bits and Bobs. You worked hard this week. Carol

amylouwho said...

love the little bags!! esp. the scottie dog!

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

The little purses are 'sew' cute! Thanks for sharing. Happy Sewing! :o)

Jessica said...

those purses are adoreable! Love that blue fabric too!

Michelle said...

Great bags all! Love the fabric. I think I passingly considered buying some of that myself, but couldn't justify it at the time. Looking at yours, I wish I had!

P. said...

Cute bags and purses! You got a lot done!

Emily@theNest said...

Gorgeous as usual... Any chance you could do a donkey purse?? Congrats on your 3rd Lush Friday- great turnout!! Looking forward to our Happy Hookers Group on tuesday!

p.s.phyllis sews said...

Congratulations on a successful fair! Great work with wonderful colors.

Leslie said...

everything looks great. i love the scotty dog

Miri said...

Cute cute bags!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Great little bags! Nice fabric choices:)

Dawn said...

I love them all! Great sewing!

Dayna said...

You really do fantastic work. I love all of these! I'm so glad that your sale went well.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

You do such beautiful work and the scotty pillow is adorable...as are all your creations. I've linked to your Friday party and am your newest follower. LOVE the blue fabric that is destined for another of your cute blouses. I'll be back!!

Rita E said...

Wow, you sure have been busy! These are all great! So creative ... thanks for sharing!

Lappedamen said...

Your purses looks great. Cut bag with the dog on it.

carla said...

Very nice work. I especially like the pink polka dot bag.

Craft Envy said...

Beautiful projects! You're so talented. Thanks for linking up!

Craft Envy said...

Beautiful projects! You're so talented. Thanks for linking up!

Julie @ Frugal and Fabulous Design said...

I love the little purses - great color combos!

Thanks for linking up to Fab Friday -

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...