Friday, July 2, 2010

lush dress

Ta Da !!!!
Here is the dress I made!!
What do you think????
It's ages since I made anything for myself...but I think this is the start of many more new additions to my wardrobe.It has been a combination of not finding any nice fabric that I like and not having the time to sit down and sew over the past few years that has stopped me making more for myself. Silly really because most stuff I buy in the shops has to be altered to fit properly anyway.
But anyway I am back.....back sewing ....with a passion..!!


I added a little gather to the sleeve to kinda dressy it up a bit more.

Originally I was looking for a skinny silver belt but having failed to get one I thought of this ribbon.


And of course the bag.....and the shoes. I bought these shoes about 2 years ago(very expensive).I love them..they go with everything . Best shoes I ever invested in...and I sure did invest. I can wear them all day and never have sore feet.

And my cute ring..




Scrappy was ,of course .out to see what i was up to....he was a lot hairier a few weeks ago but I gave him a ,not very good,haircut....Much cooler for him now..

I am off to a wedding today...in my new dress....the sun is shining and birds are singing..looks like it's going to be a lovely day.

I am linking up to lush friday, amys sew and tell and simply designing....why don't you check them out....







13 comments:

Emily@theNest said...

Andrea, that dress is just fab, I love it, hope you will be posting photos of you IN it too!! Bit tardy on the Lush Friday post- I'll link soon!!!

mommysdream said...

I love this dress and the clutch is just perfect with it! Maybe I should think about dusting off my sewing machine...you've inspired me!

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

The dress is gorgeous! Thanks for inviting me to link up on Lush Friday. I'm having trouble with your button. It says the image has been deleted. Can you help me please? I'd love to have the button to post a link from my site. Thanks! Happy Sewing! :o)

lush stuff said...

Thanks for leaving a comment Larri, I just tried adding the button and it worked no problem for me. Just give it a try again. I have seen it on a few blogs while I have been hopping around this morn.

Larri @ Seams Inspired said...

Got it to work! Thanks! And...I choose the silver shoes. :o) Happy Sewing! :o)

pinksuedeshoe said...

Ooooo, those shoes are to die for. And the little purse turned out so cute. You've got a great new outfit there!

simplydesigning.blogspot.com said...

This is beautiful! I can't sew very well so I am extremely impressed!!

Thanks for linking up!

Leslie said...

this dress is gorgeous...you did such an amazing job. the fabric is stunning. i love that you made a little purse to match

Siun said...

This is why I want to learn to sew. I'd love to be able to make something like this.

Diane said...

Cute Cute cute! And love the clutch purse to match!

Sarah Craig said...

Cute dress! Good work!!

Ivory Spring said...

What a pretty pretty dress. The matching accessories are to die for.

Carla said...

Your dress came out fantastic Andrea! I think the green ribbon gives it a youthful feel to it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...