Monday, July 5, 2010

Portumna Great Outdoors Festival

For years Portumna had a summer festival that we all looked forward to but it simply died away.But this year it was back and ..back with a bang...better than ever and all this as thanks to the great efforts of the Portumna Chamber of Commerce.There was a huge amount of work put into the oragisation of the weekend and this could be seen by the crowds of people soaking up the holiday atmosphere in the town over the weekend.

On sunday there were activities planned for children.. face painting,puppets,ice cream,art and craft workshop and all for free...


So in amongst all this you could also find a little stall manned by yours truly and my two beautiful assistants. Lush stuff had come to display (and hoping to sell) my wares. When we arrived at the playground area in Portumna on this lovely but windy day, I have to admit to having my doubts that we could cope with the wind. But we chose our position and set up. Sprinkles (cupcakes and custom made cakes) also had high hopes for the day and set up beside us. Thanks to my friends Nes and Helen for coming up with the idea of filling paper bags with stones to hold all in place.



My two assistants (with cupcakes yum yum)!!

Sprinkles


We sold loads of these


I love to see that people like what I make and am delighted when they buy but often I find it hard to let go of some things..like the applique pouches (like the cow one above). Silly isn't it or does anyone else feel like this?????.......................








2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I feel this way too. We spend time and a lot of thought on each project so its kinda like when you read a good book and the characters become your friends. Then when you finish the book there is a sense of loss.

lush stuff said...

That's exactly it Yvonne,very well described..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...